Fall is finally among us, which means spending time inside to keep dry. One of our activities that fits perfectly with the chilly fall weather is the beloved Reader's Café.
During this time, your students find a comfy spot in our main room while they enjoy a good book. In addition to our calm, café-like atmosphere, we serve tasty warm beverages to our participants. This month, Ms. Erin suggested a festive, Pumpkin Spice White Hot Chocolate recipe, which the kiddos loved!
The drink was so popular, that I received requests for the recipe, which I found on this blog: https://www.anightowlblog.com/2015/09/crock-pot-pumpkin-spice-white-hot-chocolate.html/!
Crock Pot Pumpkin Spice White Hot Chocolate
- ½ cup International Delight Pumpkin Pie Spice Creamer
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1½ cups white chocolate chips
- Whipped cream and cinnamon for garnish, optional
- Heat whole milk and white chocolate chips in crock pot on low for 2-3 hours until chocolate is fully melted and combined with milk.
- Add International Delight Pumpkin Pie Spice Creamer and allow to heat through.
- Serve with whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
If you decide to try this at home, I hope you enjoy it!
Stay warm & dry! :)