Happy second week of school! It feels like September is already flying by really fast. Here is a recap of some things that the kiddos have been doing here in Coyote Club for the past couple of days:
- Made (very good) blackberry cobbler
- Made sock caterpillars that were oh so cute!
- Went on a Coyote Club scavenger hunt
- Ate some pretty tasty snack
- Relaxed and read in Starbooks while drinking lemonade or hot chocolate
- Palettes and punch (painting and drinking punch)
- Made hot chocolate puppy chow
- & much more!
Hot Chocolate Puppy Chow
- 8 cups Rice Chex Cereal
- 16 ounce bag of miniature marshmallows
- 5 tbsp instant hot chocolate mix, divided
- 1 tsp hot water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- Combine Rice Chex and marshmallows in a large bowl and mix together.
- In a different microwave safe bowl, stir 1 tbsp of the hot chocolate mix with the water until the mix is dissolved. Stir in the chocolate chips, butter, and cinnamon. Microwave for 1 minute and stir. Continue microwaving in 20 second intervals until the mixture is melted and smooth. Stir every 20 seconds. Pour the mixture over the cereal and stir until well coated.
- In a different bowl, combine the powdered sugar, the remaining 4 tbsp of hot cocoa mix and the baking cocoa. Once this has been well mixed, pour the dry ingredients over the chocolate-coated cereal and stir until the cereal is well coated.
- Store in an air tight container and enjoy!
- I was a competitive cheerleader for 10 years and got to travel to Disney world for national and world championships.
- I attend Bellevue College with a future goal to become a play therapist.
- My favorite animal is a sea otter (love seeing them at the aquarium).
Happy Blue Friday Everyone and have a great weekend!
Go Seahawks- Ms. Erin💙💚